Summers & Co Independent Insurance Brokers confirms that the information clients, staff and prospective clients / staff provide to us is dealt with and stored in a secure manner, treats all clients, staff and prospective clients’ / staff records confidentially and ensures clients, staff and prospective clients’ / staff privacy rights are respected and accurate or rectified when advised.
Summers & Co is licensed by the Information Commissioner, adheres to the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
All personal data is stored lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect, hold and disclose your personal data given to us by you in writing, verbally and / or via our website, contact us page, emails, apps and / or social media platforms for the following reasons:
- To make contact with you by post, telephone, email, website, social media, apps, SMS, texts etc: Contact Information – name, address, telephone number, email address, IP addresses, online identifier, social media and website addresses.
- The provision of an insurance quotation or renewal (a legitimate reason for processing) by post, email, telephone, SMS, text, social media etc: All of the above plus; date of birth, occupation, previous claims, medical history, details of the risk, reference number, policy number, employment documents, account information, convictions and offences e.g. motoring convictions, bankruptcy, previously refused insurance etc.
- To notify you about relevant insurance policies and services, now and in the future by post, email, telephone, SMS, social media etc.
We may pass your data to third parties for the following reasons:
- To obtain a quotation, offer renewal or offer an alternative provider at renewal. For the administration of your policy by another insurance provider or intermediary. Providing our services may involve the disclosure of personal data to third parties such as insurers, reinsurers, loss adjusters, premium finance providers, subcontractors, affiliates and certain regulatory bodies. Depending on the circumstances the use of personal data may involve a transfer of data to countries outside the UK.
- Where you are providing us with information about a person other than yourself, you agree to notify them of our use of their personal data.
- To deal with claims.
- To detect and prevent fraud, terrorism and money laundering.
- To administer banking, payment plans, card payments and BACS payments etc.
- To add your policy to the Motor Insurance Database and the Motor Insurers Information Centre. Credit scoring checks. Verifying your identity. Processing the auto renewal of your policy if applicable. Driving Licence Number (My Licence) and Outsourced confidential waste.
We store information either manually and / or as computer records and / or in cloud storage and / or on mobile phones, at office premises, home offices, in transit and / or remotely. Our telephone calls may be recorded, monitored and transcripts stored manually and / or as computer records and / or in cloud storage.
The client, staff member or prospective client can, at any time contact Summers & Co Independent Insurance Brokers 18 Leigh Road Wimborne Dorset BH21 1AF in writing to request a copy of the personal data Summers & Co has stored or have their data removed unless regulation states otherwise. We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, inaccuracy, misuse or alteration of your data will not happen. Summers & Co will use all reasonable steps available to them to avoid this.